- white people: I don't see color
- white people: What do you mean The Human Torch might be black!?!? Guess black panther should be white to be fair!!!
- white people: Rue's black?!?! But she's supposed to be delicate and innocent! No way. Totally protesting the movie, stick to the book! It's was in the book? Well i must of skipped it!
- white people: So what Lavender Brown got turned white when she got an important part of the movies? They picked the best actress for the job.
- white people: Water Tribe totally aren't dark skinned enough to NOT have white people be them. Evil doers? Yeah they totally dark skin Fire nation.
- white people: Bakedbeanpie Cumstain is the best Khan! It doesn't matter if he is white!
- white people: Prince of Persia? More like a white guy with tan!
- white people: Race tots dont matter.
- People when talking about online activism that challenges their prejudice notions: Why don't you get out in the real world and do something?? Whining on tumblr and the internet doesn't change anything!
- Same exact people discussing the internet in every single other instance: The internet is such a powerful tool it really brings us together in so many ways and connects us, it's the most essential tool for spreading information and changing things the most immense way because everyone is on the internet, social media has really changed the world.
It is no accident that white masculinity is constructed the way it is in the United States, as European invasion of the Americas required a masculinity that murders, rapes, and enslaves Native and African peoples. It is a masculinity that requires men to be soldiers and conquerors in every aspect of their lives. A masculinity rooted in genocide breeds a culture of sexual abuse.
Qwo-Li Driskill (via queersissyfag)